Another Great Day!

Wow ... where does the time go when you're having fun? I've been so busy but when I look around my home I think, "What have I done?"

Actually, I'm feeling wonderful and I'm getting stronger and stronger each day. I got up early this morning and watered my flowers and even pulled weeds in the front yard. I worked for about an hour. And, I got on the exercise bike last night for the first time. I didn't think I could even pedal for three minutes but I made it to 15. I'll have to work my way up to 30 minutes. Boy it's been a long time since I've been on an exercise bike. Lynn bought it a few months ago, but hasn't put it to good use yet. :)

We had some sad news yesterday. Our neighbor who was taken to the hospital has liver cancer and it's spread throughout her body. She also has blood clots in her lungs. Hospice hasn't given her many weeks to survive. I just pray that she won't have to suffer. If the cancer doesn't kill her soon, the blood clots will. This neighbor is my mom's cousin and her husband died in his sleep a couple of years ago. So sad!

On the bright side of things I connected with a good friend that I haven't seen for 22 years. We connected on Facebook. I had her out to dinner and we had such a good visit. She's amazing! She's never gone to college but has worked her way up the retail chain and now manages a large department store in the south-end of the valley. She has an amazing story. When she was small her father divorced her mother and re-married. Her step mom raised her with her two daughters. Her birth dad and mom both passed away while she was quite young. Not too long ago while flying to meet her cruise she noticed on her birth certificate that her mother had two children. She'd never noticed this before. Well, to make a long story short, through genealogy and genetic testing she found a brother in Missouri that she never knew she had. He'd been adopted and didn't even know who his mother was because the court records had been sealed. and of course he didn't know he had a sister. They have the same mother but different fathers. They've since seen each other a few times. I just think that is the most amazing story.

I can't wait for next week! Real food ... raw veggies and maybe I can even have a salad. They say lettuce is a little hard to digest so I hope I don't have trouble with it ... cuz I love salads!

Thanks for all of your wonderful recipes. I think I have enough for the book now. It's going to be lovely! Can't wait to get it to the printer!!

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh, so sad about Loi (sp?!).
Just remember to chew, chew, chew the lettuce!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go on the exercise bike!!! I'm sorry to hear about your neighbor. I will keep her in my prayers.

As for your exciting news about reconnecting with your friend - that's great! So is the fact that you'll get to eat some real food next week!!

Take care,
Marie

Diana Gibbs said...

Hi Linda,
I am so sorry to hear about your neighbor, what a sad time for everyone.
As for the lettuce, they say that iceberg lettuce is not that good for you, I love a spinach salad, can you have that instead?
I am anxious to see the recipe book.

Love,
Di

Simmy Ogg said...

Like Diana said above, iceberg is the hardest to digest (and has NO nutritional value). Stick with the really green ones ... those are chock full of vitamins and easier on the stomach.

Have fun reconnecting with your friend. Funny you should post that because last week I got a message from a childhood friend on facebook. We met in kindergarten ... so that was 39 years ago ... and we went to school for 9 years together until I changed from private to public school. I haven't seen her since 1978! She's here in town visiting and we'll hopefully find time to get together. The adoption story touched my heart as well as I am an adoptee reunited with both birth parents (they weren't together ... but have since been reunited as friends after being torn apart and forced to give me up in 1964. I love adoption stories.

Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see new pics !!!

juels said...

Hey girl--how ya doing! Hope you are well, it sounds like things are going good--you need to e-mail me when you get a chance and let me know what all you are up to!!! Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

Linda where are you? Hope you are fine and doing what you need to be doing for your neighbr, but we are missing you!