What Did We Sign Up For?

Most days I sit and wonder what in the heck are we doing at this stage in our lives? We have literally turned our lives upside down. We have now decided to sell our home which we have lived in for over 20 years, sell most every possession we own, move what we have left over to an unfinished basement of our daughter's in Spanish Fork, Utah and move to South Africa to serve a mission for the church for TWO years. What are we thinking? And then I think, "This is kind of exciting! I have no idea what we will be doing in the mission field. I have no idea what they are expecting from us. I have no idea if we can even do what we have been assigned to do. I don't even know if we are going to like our assignment. I don't know if we are going to enjoy living in Africa. But this sounds crazy and sorta kinda' fun." 

Today was an emotional day as I told members of my Weight Watcher's workshop goodbye. I've been their coach for over three years and loved them dearly. After Thursday I will be officially retired after 55 years of working. It seems surreal. I'm excited but unsure how it will feel. 

We've been working non-stop for days, thankfully with the help of many children, with packing and painting the upstairs to the house. I had two rooms to finish by myself. They should be finished by tomorrow. It's been a painstaking job and one where I heard a few swear words come out of a few helper's mouths as to whose bright idea it was to paint the house when we were just going to sell? (My idea and Angie's, our eldest.)

Last Sunday a member in our Sunday School class mentioned that the 3 C's could pull us apart from the Savior: 

1. Complaining
2. Criticizing
3. Complaining

I found myself throughout the week looking for 'joy' in the journey and through the daily struggles of life, trying not to complain, criticize nor compare.

May you all make it a goal to find JOY in your journey as you face each new day. Make it a great one!

3 comments:

Maggie Pinque said...

I am so excited to be able to follow along on your mission. To hear what's happening. To see the JOY you bring to anyone who is lucky enough to be in your presence.

Rest up , Linda Lou ~ you've go a busy two years ahead of you. Heaven knows if you have a boatload of family in your one bedroom apartment, you'll need the rest!

May you find beautiful fabric, a sewing machine and people willing to be a part of a quilting circle. It will be the start of a marvelous community with you at the helm!

All love from NY. xo

Ufa88kh said...

Very Helpful information for the general public
wordpress
ufa88kh.blogspot
youtube
បាការ៉ាត់អនឡាញ

yinkmerfull said...

Thank you for sharing your good ideas.I was really inspired
ភ្នាល់បាល់បក