Hmmm ... I'm thinking .... about all of the things that I'm grateful for.

I'll start out with yesterday, Sunday.

I'm grateful that I still have my parents living next door to me. I'm grateful for the love and service they've given us over the years, and still continue to serve us.

I'm grateful that Ginger found Dieter for us. Little did I know what a difference he would make in my parent's lives. They live each day for him. He needs them during the day. Grandpa can't wait to get up each morning to go get the dog for his potty break and to bring him over to the house to play with Mom. When I picked him out of the litter and held him in my arms I knew that I wanted him, but had no idea how we would take care of him. I couldn't believe that we decided to buy him. While driving home with him, I kept thinking, "How are you going to take care of this dog in the day time?" Now I know why we were supposed to buy him. Mom and Dad needed him! I remember a few months ago Mom saying that she wished we could have a dog. Well, her wish has come true. They take him out between 3-4 times a day. When I get home from work I take him over in the evenings to visit. He's very well behaved at their home.

Well ... Dad wants to renew his Drivers License. I don't want him to. But he insists that he needs to go get it renewed. (Gosh, he's almost 91 years.) I took him to get new glasses. (The Dr. tried to talk him out of getting his license renewed.) He needed bifocals, but after getting them, he decided he didn't want them. So he and Mom drove back to Sears to get regular lenses put in his frames ... for distance. And he still doesn't wear them. I told him last night that if he didn't start wearing his glasses, he wouldn't be able to pass his eye test. But he doesn't listen! Perhaps it's because he can't hear??

I'm grateful for my children. I love them sooo much. They have all turned into such wonderful adults. I can't wait for the Halloween party on Wednesday. We'll have fun!

Say family ... let's plan a vacation for the future. Where should we go?

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Hi Mom! The kids love your blog pictures. Come to Oregon, or we could go to Seattle or Vancouver B.C. Train maybe?