More Every Day Tips for the Busy Demonstrator!

Happy Thursday Morning! It's been a whole week since I left the doors of Stampin' Up! I've survived. Why isn't my house all organized and straightened in a week? Oh wait ... it took me more than a week to get it in the state that it's in!

I loved reading your comments on the cleaning tips. Let me share a couple with you.

Lydia, one of our fellow demonstrators, shares her great tip:
  • "Because I work full time and freelance and demonstrate is to set a timer for everything. Whether it's 15 min or an hour - focus on the task (like stupid laundry - sorry Linda - I don't clean toilets - they're gross - you know what goes on in there right? The Marine hubby does that) and you'd be amazed how much you get done with no distractions. Plus, when the timer goes off - you're FREE!!!"

And, Stampin' With Angie, encourages us to use a To Do List and break those big tasks into smaller tasks.

These are wonderful suggestions!

Let's talk about grocery shopping today ... something I get to do today, instead of Saturday. Horray for this new life of leisure! I like to shop at the same grocery store because I know where everything is in the store and it saves me time by not having to look for this and that in a new store. I made a form in Word which is kinda like a map of the store. For instance, when I walk into the store and go to my far left, it's the bakery and bread aisle, as I go to the back of the store, it's the dairy cases. So, on my form I've listed the sections of the store, as if I'm walking up and down the aisles. My form lists Bakery Section, and then I have some blank lines so I can write what I need from the bakery. I also have a place on the form to list what meals we're going to have for the week. This form really helps speed up time in the grocery store. I'm not back-tracking for this or that! When I get it filled out, for today's trip, I'll take a picture and post it on my blog.

Oh ... one of the best tips of the day! Keep the grocery list in a visible place in your kitchen with a pen close by. As I run out of this and that during the week, I just quickly write on the form what it is I need. No more guessing at the store!

I had a wonderful lunch with Jaron and Lori and some Stampin' Up! employees. It was just like old times. We had such a good time laughing and talking. I'll have to admit, I was just a tad blue when I got home. As we pulled out of the parking lot, they drove back to Stampin' Up! and we turned for home. I'll admit, I've got to stay focused and keep busy so I don't start feeling sorry for myself. My husband said I'll feel better if I continue getting up early as if I was still going to work. He's right!

One thing that made me feel better yesterday was taking the Nikon camera back to Costco and getting the Canon Power Shot Elph. It's just like the camera I had that was in my lost/stolen purse in Detroit. These beautiful Gerber Daisys were given to me by a friend.

I was testing out my camera with the Pets and Kids setting. Dieter was really sick last night. I think he ate too much grass yesterday. He barfed up a ton! If any of you have read Laurel, my daughter's blog, about my history of cleaning up barf, you'll be surprised that I didn't gag and I cleaned up the barf three different times. Dog barf is waaaay different than kid's barf. It doesn't stink! O.K. ... I've got to stop talking about barf. It makes me gag thinking about it.


O.K. ... time to get the makeup on, the grocery list filled in, and on to the store. Have a wonderful Thursday. I'm thinking of you!

12 comments:

Lyssa Griffin Zwolanek said...

Linda, honey, love you to pieces and I'm the last person in the world to criticize, but could you please move the "barf" talk so it's not right above the picture of the Chicken Tortilla Soup? LOL
Lyssa (who appreciated your funny and useful sessions and can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for you next)

Jenn said...

Linda,

I came across your blog after hearing the news about you, Jaron and Lori. I can only imagine how difficult this has been for all of you. However, reading your blog you have handled this whole situation with such grace. I definitely think staying as positive as possible is one of the best ways to deal with it. I know it must be a challenge everyday not to get bogged down in they why's. I know you know this, but I just wanted to say...there are many of us that you've never met, that are thinking of you all. Thank you for the positive posts, its been a joy reading about you and your life.

Jade's stamproom blog said...

Linda, when I read your blog, I can hear your wonderful voice talking to me. I am glad I found your blog, so I can at least know you are doing ok, you are an angel and We(all us demos) love you. The dasises are so pretty the picture is beautiful, and Im sure they are better in person. I look forward to being organized, but for now, I do what I can when my three boys are at school. I never know what I will get done on any given day. Have a wonderful shopping trip, I look forward to hearing your voice through your words later on! Love and hugs, Jade

Lindsey said...

Yo, Mom! I am obviously not a busy demonstrator, but as a wife and mother, I have some tips as well. The list was getting pretty long, so I think I'll just post on my blog and then whoever wants to link over to it can! Love you!

P.S.What are you doing today? Want to color my hair?

Natalie said...

Ok. It's official. You love the dog more than your kids. Thanks Mom. Thanks. Dieter gets himself sick by doing something retarded - he gets his barf cleaned up. Spoiled little brother. I'm teaching the kids to call him Uncle Dieter.

DJ and Gin Family said...

Natalie cracks me up! I have to admit that I'm starting to feel a little bit jealous about the way you treat my youngest brother Dieter.My neighbor said that dogs eat grass when they have eaten something bad and they know that they need to throw up. I don't know if that's true, but have you feeding him junk lately?
I have a suggestion that makes grocery shopping easier... move down the street from Walmart, then it's no big deal to run there every day! :)

Susan Bruyn said...

Hi Linda,

I love your grocery store tip! It works great, unless your store decides to re-arrange!! A few weeks ago, on a shopping trip to our favorite grocery store, I found the whole store re-arranged! It was so complete that even the storeclerk couldn't help me find the missing items (he had been away on holiday when they re-arranged)! Next time, I'll have to give the kids a challenge and give a prize for the first one to find the missing item (hmm...). Have a good day, Linda!

Susan Bruyn

Stampin' With Angie said...

I love the grocery store tip! I'll have to CASE that one myself. I also like Lindsey's tip about planning meals for 2 weeks. I try to do it weekly but I can totally see where 2 weeks would be better!

Lorien Clark said...

Oh I have a mini schnauzer too. Her name is Bailey. She desperately needs to be groomed. Sorry Dieter had troubled tummy.

Lydia Fiedler said...

OMG - I am laughing my badonk-badonk off. One of my fellow traders was making fun of me the other day because I said barf like 86 gazillion times!!

I love the grocery organization idea!!

I have a memo on my phone called "list" and because I'm old and senile, whenever I think of something I add it to the list, cuz I know I'll have my phone with me when I go.

Your dog is INSANELY ADORABLE!!

Love ya!

L.

Jen Goslee said...

I use a similar "system" for my grocery list, but I have software on my PDA so that I can keep an electronic list that's organized by department. I'm a coupon clipper, as well, so I always put my coupons in order by department (i.e. bakery, deli, produce, dairy, frozen foods, etc.). When I used a paper list, I would use a paper clip to attach the coupons to the front of my list. As I picked things up that I had a coupon for, I would move the coupon to the back of the sheet clipping it under the same paperclip. Thanks for all your tips!! I can always use new ones!

Melissa said...

yeah, the reason poor Dieter dog puked all over was not because he ate grass, He ate the grass because he was sick, and needed something to get rid of the bad stuff in his belly. Too many treats or snacks would do it!!! Can you say spoiled now that Momma is home all day?????
Sounds like you are really enjoying the down time. Milk it for all its worth. Judging from all the blogs it won't last long!!!
Off to see the wizard---
Older sistee ugler..(posting as Melissa)