Grocery Shopping a Breeze!


This is a darling little notebook that Seijra made for me about a year ago. You can see the "s" is missing on the 'Notes'. But this is the notebook I kept in my kitchen to jot down things that I needed from the grocery store and then carried it in my purse to the store.
Here's the inside of the notebook with my planned meals and grocery list. But I was traisping all over the store and retracing my steps getting this and that.

Here's the new list, just the first page, that I created according to the layout of the grocery store. I used it yesterday, for the first, and it worked like a breeze. I tell you ... I'll bet I cut down on half the time I was in the store. If you do this list in your computer, you can save each week's menu and easily print again for your new week. I could easily format this menu to a half page, width wise to save on paper. I think I'll work on that! If you read my daughter Lindsey's blog page she gives some great shopping tips too, like shopping for two weeks, instead of one. I've tried it, but I usually end up going back for something so it almost defeats the purpose of one visit to the store in two weeks. However, she claims it does save money!


Here I am trying out my new point and shoot camera. Not too bad of a close-up with this tiny little camera.

So, what am I going to do today? My To Do list says that I'm going to make homemade cinnamon rolls ... and no, not the Mrs. Rhoades dough ... real to goodness, homemade, the best in the business cinnamon rolls. Ask anyone at work whose tasted my lovely creations and they'll tell you they're the best! I have a neighbor who recently lost his wife. It was soooo sad. She was only 79 years old, not a thing wrong with her. I saw and talked to her at church the Sunday before she died and she was fine. She passed away peacefully in her sleep. I need to run some of these cinnamon rolls over to him, his daughter and son, and their families. I'll post pics, if they turn out as good as I've been braggin'. It's threating rain today and sometimes dough doesn't rise when there's a lot of humidity in the kitchen.

Hey ... a few of you commented that you made the Chicken Tortilla soup and loved it! Way to go! I'm proud of you all.

I've got to work on my visiting teaching list today. It's going to take hours. I need to format the report in Excel so I can sort it easier than the program it's formatted in. I've been putting it off because I don't want to do it. I know ... I'll make the dough for the cinnamon rolls now ... and while they're rising, I'll work on the report.

Love you all! Have a Happy Friday!















5 comments:

Alison said...

Linda - Would you share the url for your daughter's blog? I'm always looking for shopping tips and ways to make life easier. Best wishes in your new life! Peace.

Natalie said...

Who died? That's sad. Remember back in about 1987-ish when you made pans and pans of cinnamon rolls? Then, we took the pans around the neighborhood, walked up to the front doors, and tempted people with their tasty goodness. $1 a pop. We made some good money when we did that. Didn't we save up for our school clothes that way? You were always thinking of ways to bring in a few extra bucks.

Jacki Montgomery said...

Hi Linda - I love reading your blog. Your energy just spills right through. Do you mind sharing the address of your daughter's blog with us? I have four children and anything to make grocery shopping easier would be great. Thank you.

Unknown said...

Linda. Do you do the visiting teaching lists on the church's computer in the clerk's office? My hubby is an asst. stake clerk and a computer geek. He is the most kind, not pushy person I know but when I was made RS secretary he hounded me relentlessly to do the updates at the church. The reports are great and very user friendly. He would be MORE THAN HAPPY to walk you through it over the phone any time. I have a key to the ward clerk's office and a password that lets me into just the parts of the computer that I need. Email me privately if you'd like and I can let you know my phone #.
Chris Gallacher
chrisstampin@lycos.com or chrisgallacher.stampinup.net

Becky said...

My mouth is watering big time at the thought of one of those delicious Linda Hansen rolls from my past. My mouth is NOT watering at the sight of one of my unsightly "ROLLS" of my present...tummy that is.