Not too much to report!

Life is great! Live each day as if it's your last, and someday you'll be right!

We had a great, lady in the ward pass away in her sleep last Tuesday morning. What a shock! She was only 79 years old and in great health. A lot of her family lives in the ward and so it's been such a loss to everyone that knows and loves her. She had a grand funeral with lots of family and friends that showed up to support the family. A few minutes before the family prayer I was notified that the casket arrangement hadn't arrived and there had been some mixup from the floral place. So I grabbed a spray of flowers and took it apart and grabbed a few sisters and we ran into a classroom and with the help of some masking tape and ribbon we were able to put together an arrangement that looked quite nicely for the top of the casket. Don't ever underestimate the power of the Relief Society!

Still no purse! I miss it and my camera and my pink glasses! BOOOO!

A few of us from work are going to attend a funeral tomorrow in Spanish Fork. An employee's father passed away and we want to support her.

Can't wait for Conference weekend. I love the Saturday and Sunday sessions ... lounging around home and listening to conference.

Read the best book, thanks to Shannon ... These is My Words. Without a doubt one of the best books I've read in a loooong time! I was depressed after finishing it because I didn't want it to end. Any suggestions out there for another good book?

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Still no purse? That sucks!!

I can imagine how great that funeral was. She was a great lady with lots of friends. It's amazing what RS sisters can do in a pinch. Good job with the flowers.

See you in a couple of weeks!

White Family said...

Lucia, Lucia by Adrian Trigiani. Fun reading. 1950's - Italian family - living in New York. I found it just relaxing and a fun read.

Diana Gibbs said...

Linda,

I loved that book and wish they would make it into a movie, I think that the Hallmark channel would do an awesome job, make it one of those week long ones so they don't leave anything out.
You reminded me that I loaned that book out...I need to get it back!
Hugs to you,
Diana