Top Reason Why Getting Laid Off From Work is Wonderful!

Since being laid off it's the most wonderful feeling having a son call and ask if I'm available to attend my grandson, Ethan's first soccer game. Before being laid off I would have some excuse why I was too busy not to attend. Even though it was cold, wet, and rainy, it was a nice feeling being with family and not worrying about getting the laundry and grocery shopping done.
This is 4 year old Ethan sharing my umbrella. This little guy was born the morning I left for Convention in Orlando, Florida. His mother called me the night before he was born and told me to be packed and ready for Convention because she was sure she would have him before my flight left. She was right! We went to the hospital to see him born and then Lynn drove me straight to the airport to catch my flight to Convention. How wonderful was that!

Here is is trying to figure out what's going on. He's a good observer and will soon get the hang of it.


The rain quit as soon as the game was over. Here Ethan is enjoying the treats after the game.
Well, today was really productive. I was able to unpack 12 boxes of personal stuff that I brought home from the office. I not only have a personal stamping room, but a business office in the downstairs. Talk about taking over the house! It was bitter sweet unpacking 9 years of wonderful memories. Tons of cards, pictures, and messages that all of you have given to me over the years. I still can't bear to throw them away. They're all too beautiful! I need to make some memory books for sure.
I received some timely phone calls from people that have been thinking about me. It was so needed because I was feeling just a tad lonely. I thought of our Sunday lesson yesterday in church about the need to have Faith, Hope, and Charity. Hope in God, His goodness, and His power refreshes us with courage during difficult challenges. Hope is one leg of a three-legged stool, together with faith and charity. These three stablize our lives regardless of the rough or uneven surfaces we might encounter at the time. The Apostle Paul taught that the scriptures were written to the end that we "might have hope. Hope has the power to fill our lives with happiness. Its absence when this desire of our heart is delayed ... can make the heart sick".
Hope is a gift of the Spirit. It is a hope that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the power of His resurrection, we shall be raised unto life eternal and this because of our faith in the Savior. This kind of hope is both a principle of promise as well as a commandment, and we have the responsibility to make it an active part of our lives and overcome the temptation to lose hope.
So, it is with the difficult struggles of trying to find employment. My mind was swimming this morning, not sure which way to turn, getting a little discouraged,and not sure what to do next with finding a job. As I said my morning prayers I prayed for direction and that someone would help me find the way. Later this morning I received a phone call asking me to fax my resume to a company who is looking for a corporate trainer.
So, the rest of the day was updating my resume and getting it faxed to the company. Yikes ... now I'm so nervous if I get a job interview.
It was soooo easy getting my job at Stampin' Up! I interviewed with one Vice President and he offered me the job right after the interview, and told me that he was looking for someone with maturity and experience. That's something I definitely DO have. Stampin' Up! now has several interviews that you have to go through, including a group interview. I'm such a doofus when it comes to those. Someone is going to have to coach me big time as to what and what not to say!
I can't wait to share with you some more good news that may happen in a few weeks! I'll keep you posted. And remember, don't let discouragement, disappointment, and despair get you down. Remember Him and have Faith, Hope and Charity!


12 comments:

prbert66 said...

Hi Linda,
How cool to get to go see your Grandson play soccer. And I'm sure your Grandson was so happy to have you there.
Don't even worry about the interview process...just be YOU. If you need a personal reference, I can think of tens of thousands of demonstrators that would be glad to write a letter on your behalf including me. Because of the classes you presented my Stampin' Up! business has been and continues to be an amazing success.
Thank you Linda for all that you've done.

Pam Bert
Oklahoma City, OK

Terry Molineux said...

Hi Linda...it was nice reading your post today...bittersweet but with joys of your grandson. I too am going through a difficult time. I have been out of work since 6/07 and cannot find employment here in New York. Now on top of that I am going difficult times with my oldest daughter and cannot find peace with it in my heart. I am having difficulty sleeping. I oh so wish I could find the peace you have.

Thanks for sharing with us and cannot wait to hear that you've gotten the job. Because anyone who wouldn't hire you is crazy.

I so loved your classes. When we were able to pick classes. I always took yours and Jaron's. I had gotten so pumped up I couldn't wait to go home and try it out on my customers. Thank you for all you've done for us...

Like Pam said....we would definitely send personal references...You are awesome!

Lydia Fiedler said...

If only I'd had people like you applying for my training jobs! I would have snapped you up in a heartbeat!

You don't need luck - just be yourself and you will do great. Let us know!!

Annette said...

I am sure your grandson and your children are happy to have you around more. I know my kids and I love having my parents to share everything with.
Sending up prayers for you and this new job opportunity. Best of luck with this job prospect. Remember if it is right for you - you will know it for sure. You will feel it. and they will hire you - if not - it was not the job for you. God has a plan and He is working it out for you. Stay positive and keep blogging so we can stay in touch.

Love those sweet rolls you made! I could smell them. Did you post the recipe? If not would you share it here?
Hugs & Prayers

Terri Mongeon said...

Linda,
You constantly amaze me with your grace and faith. You will do great things. Just be YOU. I am sure getting back out there is a bit frightening. But any company would be lucky to have you. And as far as getting ready for interviews, just take a deep breath. Your experience speaks for itself. You have thousands of fans who are cheering for you.
Hugs my friend!

Stampin' With Angie said...

I can't wait to hear that you've not only "aced" your interview (which I'm positive you WILL get!) but also got a job offer on-the-spot!! :0)

Keep that in mind when you go for your interview that you were essentially being "interviewed" by thousands of demonstrators at each SU! event. No, it wasn't your "typical" interview but we were looking to you for valuable information to help build our businesses...and you delivered!

I have a "funny" for you regarding what not to say during an interview. I was called back for an interview with the Pres. of a company. I had a few family members working at this company but I would NOT be working in the same dept. as them. He said, "I notice you have family employeed here." My reply? "Yes sir, I do. I have 3 aunts and 2 cousins that work here and after you hire me, we're going to have a family take-over of the business." This was said with a smile and as soon as I said it I just knew I had lost that job...what was I thinking?!! I worked for that company for almost 6 years and the Pres. told me that comment was one of the reasons he recommended I be hired....because it was obvious I would "be myself" no matter who I was talking to. LOL!! I *still* can't believe I said that & it was over 17 years ago!

Jenn said...

Good luck with the interview. Although I don't think you will need it. You're clearly a professional and your positive attitude will come out in the interview. There's a reason they are contacting you. Your constant faith is what is bringing you closer to a new job, the job you are meant to have. It is His plan...sometimes hard for all us to realize.

luv2stamp said...

Hi Linda,

You don't know me, I saw you last year for the first time at convention. I've just been a demonstrator since 2/07. I was sorry to hear about your job loss, but based on what I saw last year...your are a TRAINER indeed! My advice for interviews: be yourself and be positive about your previous experiences. You will do AWESOME! Maybe you could follow up with them with some of the technique videos you shot for SUp! You will be in my prayers!

Dawn Dickinson said...

Hi Linda,

Good luck with your job search - 2 weeks ago I went on my first interview since 1982 and survived it. Didn't get the job, but at least I got an interview.

Dawn

Mickey Roberts said...

Hi Linda!

You have been an inspiration and role model to me of a true professional in your previous role as a representative of Stampin' Up!

I am even more inspired as I follow your current journey. Your prayerful attitude and focus on the truly important things in your life have shown me that no matter what happens in life, there is always a way to tune into the positive (even on those days that you may struggle and feel blue).

Wishing all the best to you as you work your way through all that God has blessed you with; be it family, job challenges, or just plain living.

Mickey Roberts
Port St. John, FL

Mickey Roberts said...

Hi Linda!

You have been an inspiration and role model to me of a true professional in your previous role as a representative of Stampin' Up!

I am even more inspired as I follow your current journey. Your prayerful attitude and focus on the truly important things in your life have shown me that no matter what happens in life, there is always a way to tune into the positive (even on those days that you may struggle and feel blue).

Wishing all the best to you as you work your way through all that God has blessed you with; be it family, job challenges, or just plain living.

Mickey Roberts
Port St. John, FL

Becky said...

Just take some cinnamon rolls with you and say, " and there's more where these came from!!"