So What Have I Been Doing????



Wow ... time flies when you're having fun!

Not a whole lot to report on my end. Just taking care of the folks full-time and trying to stay out of trouble. It's amazing how I can keep Mom and Dad's home nice and clean and I can't even find the time to clean my bathrooms! Isn't that the way it is ... the barber who cuts everyone elses hair but doesn't have time for his own.

My sis came down from Montana to visit her daughter for a few days. Her and her husband stayed with Mom and Dad in the evenings. It was so nice to have them here. Mom and Dad really enjoyed the company. Since they were in town, some of the other nieces and nephews dropped by to say hello. Friday evening I was helping Mom get ready for bed and some of the kids hollered to me to come out to the living room. I told them I was busy and they insisted that I come out now. I went into the living room and there Reese was standing in his military uniform. At first I thought he must have been kicked out of the army. He surprised the family by coming home for a 4-day leave for Columbus Day. I doubt if we'll see him again until December when he graduates from his Advanced Training. He only has about 7 weeks left of training. He's really enjoying his studies and hands-on training on the Apache helicopter.

Let's see ... what else ... oh ... we got to go to the opera last night. One of our friends is King Duncan in Macbeth and gave us free passes to last night's rehearsal. It was amazing! The witches were wonderful and made me wish that I had been part of the cast. Since taking care of Mom and Dad full-time, I don't really have any free evenings or weekends off. But I planned well in advance before I left for the evening. I had their food all ready to go, fresh, hot home-made, bread right out of the oven ready for slicing, and their medications ready. When we got home their lights were off so I assumed everything went well. When I went over this morning, everything was fine. Dad only forgot to take one of his pills. Not too bad!

I've been prepping for a workshop for tomorrow morning. I'm excited! This is a GREAT hostess and she always has wonderful parties. She decorates her entire house in Halloween garb and it's amazing. Of course one of her projects is a Halloween card using the Sweet Treat cups and the other card is a Christmas card using the Petals a Plenty embossing folder. Then I've provided a tri-fold Halloween card for any of the customers who are a little more advanced in their stamping and would like to try their hand at it. I'll post the samples after the workshop. I think they're pretty cute!

So, how am I doing weight wise? It seems like this week the weight loss has been a little slower. Not sure why. Maybe I'm not eating enough. I go see the surgeon on the 27th for a follow-up visit. I'm down to 189 pounds ... for a total weight loss of 68 pounds in less than 4 months. I also haven't been exercising, at all. I went for a walk the other day and it felt sooo good, I'm going to take Dieter out this afternoon. It's supposed to be a warm day. We've had such a cold fall that I'm not ready for winter. I want it to warm up a bit. Oh ... that's one more side effect of the weight loss ... I'm cold all of the time. The reason is that my body thermostat can't keep up with the weight loss. I've also noticed that my hair is thinning in front. That's another side effect, but it should grow back in a few months. Oh well ... remember Wiggy Wednesday? I have plenty of wigs that I can wear if I go bald! Oh yes ... one more thing ... I swear my ears are getting bigger!!! My sisters laughed and laughed when I told them that. But when I look in the mirror I see my Grandpa Latimer staring back at me. He had HUGE ears and now I've got 'em too. Perhaps my ears look bigger because my face is getting smaller? Could that be it??? O.K. ... so now I'll be bald with huge ears, but at least I'll be skinny right?

What else ... just still working on a big project that requires a LOT of money and a Patent Attorney. Can't share the details just now.

Yes, I'm still working on the cookbook. It should be out before Christmas so you can place your orders for some awesome Christmas gifts!

That's about it for now. I think I'll go make a technique video. Sound fun? Gotta run ... love you all!

15 comments:

Kristin Markus said...

What have you been doing? You've been shrinking!! Looking awesome!

I decided I don't like your new job! You posted a lot more when you were home!! But that's selfish of me - I just love coming to your blog for a "pick-me-up!" I'm glad things are working out for you - other than the dirty bathrooms!! But hey - mine are the same way and I'm home all day (with a bunch of kiddos, though!)

Hugs!

Unknown said...

I'm glad things are going so well for you. You look fantastic. I hope you can make more time for exercise like you want. :)

Miss you.

Barbara Welch said...

Linda you are looking awesome. Glad you got to see the opera too! Good luck with the workshop, not that you need luck. Have fun. Check my blog to see what my week was like.....glad it's Friday! Take care,
Barbara

Judee said...

You look fantastic - Congratulations!

I want to tell you a funny story. A few of us SU Demonstrators went to the Scrapbook Convention in Ontario, CA and as we were standing in line waiting to go in we were looking at the layout of the exhibit hall. We saw Stampin Up and the Demonstrator's name was Linda Jensen, in our minds we read Linda Hansen. We got so excited because we were thinking you were going to be there. We immediately rushed into the hall and went straight to the SU booth and you were not there. So we figured you would be there later on in the afternoon and went back after lunch, but you were still not there :(. I finally asked the lady at the make-n-take table, "is Linda Jensen (still thinking Hansen) going to be here today?" and the SU demonstrator said; "yes, she is right over there helping a customer." We finally realized it was Linda "JENSEN" not "HANSEN". The first time we met you was at Regionals in Los Angeles and then at Convention two years ago. We want you to know that we really miss you and hopefully our paths will cross again.
Judee Pepper

Diana Gibbs said...

Hi Linda,
Girlfriend, you lookin' good! As for your ears getting bigger, do our ears keep growing or is that our nose? Hmmm...gotta google it...ha! But I think it is cause your face is thinner, where before your cheeks hid your ears a little bit.
Glad you are getting out and about even though you are busy with your Mum and Dad. Have fun at your workshop, looking forward to seeing the make n takes, and your video...oh and so excited to get the cookbooks soon! Give "DEETER" a smooch for me, we won't tell Toby!
Love,
Di

Aimee said...

You're looking great and it sounds like life is going well! :)

stampurr said...

hi linda, didnt know the reese was going to helicopter mech school..thats what i did in the army only one OH-58, the little copters...i really loved it and he will too, is he station at ft rucker in alabama? i hate to tell you but the older we get the bigger our ears and nose get, but you look great and i love you hair

cindi in hemet, ca

Anonymous said...

You look fabulous!!! After I read the title of your post and saw your picture I thought "she's been up to...losing inches!!" :)

As for the ears thing, I've heard that your nose and ears never stop growing. So, unfortunately you might be right about your ears ;)

Marie

crazy savages said...

You look like my mother!!!!
Love Ya muchly!!!

Leslie said...

Linda, as always you are such an inspiration! I cannot wait to see your projects.

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

Hi Linda.. wow, you probably feel as fabulous as you look! I'm really looking forward to hearing more about this expensive 'project'.. what a tease!

Terry Molineux said...

Linda OMGosh a technique video....it will feel like you are with us again!!! I mean as a speaker. I always loved your classes at convention!

You are looking fabulous. I cannot be the change in such a short time. I don't think your ears look bigger but I think we are always so critical of ourselves. Don't you think?

Cannot wait to see the pictures of your projects and instructions too I hope so we can CASE them and feel like you are with us again....in the stamping world I mean...oh I don't think what I am saying is coming out right but just know we love and miss you so very much!

Inky Hugs,
Terry~~

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart! I'm very glad your weight loss is going along well and that your enjoying being with the folks. I was lurking in a blog and saw a sweet quilt you did....would love the instructions!!but only if you have time.
Blessings you you and your family! Love to you as well,
Deb

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness you are haviong way too much fun for one person. You sound fab!!!! The weight loss looks great and I am a bit annoyed that WE DO NOT know what the "big" project is! LOL Can't wait to hear all about it someday. Enjoy your week Linda hugs! ~Donna

Twila said...

You're looking great!